Frederick High School Winter Game Day Information & Procedures
- Please note that the entrance from West Patrick St.(144) by West Frederick Middle School is the only entrance that will be open on game day. Upon entering campus immediately stay to the left and follow the driveway with WFMS on your right hand side to the rear of FHS.
- FHS administration asks that you park in the designated parking spaces in front of the auditorium (by our baseball & softball fields).
- Please do not block access for emergency vehicles and do not park along the curbs that are painted yellow.
- In the event there is limited parking available in the designated area, overflow parking will be available in the staff lot located between WFMS and the old FHS building. Please note that you will have to walk around the new building to gain access into the preferred entrance.
- Please be patient and allow yourselves enough time to safely park and walk on designated sidewalks to gain entry to the arena.
- Carpooling is recommended as parking is limited.
- Hanging out or loitering in parking lots is unsafe and not permitted.
Entrance to Gymnasium
- Doors open on game night at 4:45 for basketball and 5:15 for wrestling.
- We ask that all spectators enter doors next to our auditorium and cafeteria which is located at the back of building by the bus drop off area.
In order to gain entrance into the gym
- Bags should not be brought into the gymnasium.
- Students are not permitted to carry book bags into the gymnasium and should be wearing shirts at entry.
- Hoods/hats cannot be worn during events.
- Re-entry is not permissible. If you leave the gymnasium you will not be permitted back into the game.
- Footballs, soccer balls, and other athletic equipment is not permitted in the gymnasium and will be confiscated by staff.
- Unaccompanied children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to enter the gymnasium. We welcome our young fans and appreciate the support they provide, but we also need to ensure their safe attendance.
- Ticket prices are $5 (adults) and $2 (students)
- Annual Season Athletic Passes – can be purchased via School Cash Online
- 2017-2018 FHS issued season passes, MPSSAA cards, and FCPS identification badges are the only forms of passes accepted. Fans over the age of 60 are given free entry to all FCPS athletic contests.
Food and Drink
- No outside food or drink is allowed in the gymnasium during games.
- Concessions supporting FHS students are available at in the cafeteria.
While in the Gymnasium
- Middle and Elementary School students must be under the direct supervision and accompanied by an adult.
- Noisemakers are not allowed in the gymnasium.
- When cheering we ask that fans not stand on or jump upon the seating of the bleachers.
- Good sportsmanship is positive encouragement and support for ALL athletes, performers, and officials. Unsportsmanlike conduct such as cheering against the opponent or officials, foul language, booing, taunting, etc., may result in removal from the premises.
- We advise all spectators to take note of the gymnasium exits and exit the gymnasium through the nearest exit.Spectators should have a plan for exiting the gymnasium in emergency situations. Parents should monitor young children attending the event, but should you become separated have a planned meeting place set up ahead of time.